First Pacific Financial is looking to hire an Associate Financial Advisor to be based in our Vancouver office with travel to Juneau.
About the Job
Associate Advisors at First Pacific Financial have a wide variety of opportunities to learn and grow their skill set and earn more client responsibility with experience and tenure. The ability to communicate effectively, build trust, and grasp the technical skills necessary to be an excellent Advisor will define your career path. The licensed Associate Financial Advisor provides financial planning and investment management, under the supervision of a Senior Advisor. Much of the time is spent in meetings with clients and Advisors on their team, including preparation and follow up responsibilities. The ideal candidate will have a passion for making an impact with conviction in responsible investing and ESG strategies.
- Work with Advisor team to prepare for client meetings and collecting, organizing, and synthesizing client data within a financial planning context.
- Perform follow-up tasks from client meetings, including but not limited to recording meeting notes, completing additional planning or investment management tasks, and coordinating work with other team members.
- Fulfill client service responsibilities including regular client contact, conducting account reviews, and client-related communications.
- Collaborate with Advisor team for client asset management needs, including but not limited to review of client portfolios, coordination of client withdrawal needs, tax strategies for assets under management, portfolio rebalancing, and the implementation of new clients’ portfolios.
- Develop and prepare client financial plans and presentations for review by Senior/Lead Advisors with directed opportunities to present during client meetings.
- Meet regularly with advisory teams and investment committee to discuss current events and investment management topics.
- Grow and maintain the firm’s community presence within Vancouver, Portland, and Juneau.
- This is an entry-level position with up to two years industry experience
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree
- Series 65 license or equivalent
- Coursework towards CFP® designation preferred
- Some travel required
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Amazing communication skills
About the Company
Whether you care about family, career, travel, security, or want to impact the world on a grander scale, we’re here to help you align your finances with your personal convictions. We are at our best when we live our authentic lives, and we established First Pacific more than two decades ago to be a financial advisory firm that puts the needs and desires of our clients first. As a company we value happiness, integrity, diversity, being financial experts, and our remarkable service. We believe in making the world better through our values and actions including our recently obtained B-Corp certification.